This is my absolute favourite breakfast! It's high in protein, fibre, omega fatty acids and various other nutrients. This means health for you heart, brain, digestive system, bones and joints! Not to mention that it tastes great!
Contains Omega- 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids which are great for your heart and your brain. They offer you a complete protein source.
Also high in omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium and calcium. The mucilaginous fibre helps to maintain regular bowel movements.
High in omega-3 fatty acids and soluble fibre which supports healthy digestion.
- Grind the nuts and seeds into a fine powder and place into a bowl with the chia seeds
- Blend the apple with the milk, so you have apple-milk
- Heat the milk on the hob
- Once heated through, take it off and pour over the nut/seed mix, whilst mixing quickly.
- Stir in your choice of sweetener and spices
Some ground almond
Some coconut oil
1. Put all of your ingredients (except the coconut oil) in a blender/food processor and blend on high until all ingredients are mixed together.
2. Grease an oven dish with some coconut oil (using your hands so you have some of the oil on your hands).
3. Using your hands again, take chunks of the mixture and mould into small balls.
4. Put oven up to 325 degrees/Gas mark 3 and place them in the oven for about 15-20 mins or so (check on them after 15 mins).
5. Take out and let cool.
NB. Goes well with almond butter
Check out this delicious pesto made using wheatgrass!
It can mixed into pasta or simply spread onto bread or rice cakes. In the picture below, I mixed it with some courgette noodles, sweet peppers, avocado and sun-dried tomatoes.
It's rich, creamy and super simple to make! Check out the recipe and benefits of wheatgrass below.
- Soaked Cashews
- Wheatgrass powder
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Himalayan salt
- Nutritional yeast
After soaking your cashews for several hours, toss them in the blender/food processor, along with the other ingredients and blend until smooth.
If it is too thick, add some more olive oil and if you want it thicker, add more cashews.
BENEFITS OF WHEATGRASS:
Wheatgrass contains a range of vitamins such as Vitamin A, C, E and B vitamins. It is also a good source of iron, calcium and magnesium. The fresh plant is also a good source of chlorophyll. Try using it in juices and smoothies, or including it in recipes.